Friday, August 7, 2009

Today


I was watching some kids when I was at Lydia Place and we were coloring together. One of them asked me to draw a picture of her and her brother. In all of my artistic glory I proceeded to draw two stick figures with what I thought were pretty nicely drawn faces. Upon seeing the picutre she burst into tears saying that it was ugly and didn't really look like her and that I gave her ugly boy hair (despite the clearly drawn bangs and shouldler length hair). A couple mintues later I got up to get her brother who had left the table and when I came back she had crumpled up the paper and thrown it under the table so "no one could reach it".


I know I'm not the world's best artist, but I'm really hoping this was more of a "5-year-old-tantrum" kind of a thing rather than an "I-traumatize-children-with-my-unartistic-abilities" thing.


2 comments: